Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Let the blogging begin

I'm gonna do this.  For real this time.
Here's what's been going on lately:
-We had a son.  His name is Micah.  He's great.

-I preached my 1st "real" sermon this past Sunday night.  I've preached many times before, but only to youth groups, or at special weeknight services.  This was the 1st time during an actual, scheduled, regular church service.  I know, it might not seem like a big deal, but for some reason, it's a lot bigger deal to preach at a Sunday service.  I mostly enjoyed the experience.  Hopefully, there will be more opportunities in the future.

-I am applying to seminary.  Western Theological Seminary in Holland, MI.  Don't freak out yet, we're not moving!  (sorry if I got all you MI folks excited.)  They have a distance learning program so I can do it online.  That's right, in about 5 years (hopefully less) you can call me Pastor Kevin.  That sounds scary.

-My wife and I are fasting from TV this week.  Yesterday we played Mahjong together, cleaned the house a bit, walked to the grocery store for a few things, and made homemade shakes with cookies n cream and vanilla ice cream.  Didn't miss the tv at all.  I am praying that we will have more meaningful conversations this week and that God will speak to us as we shut out the noise of the world to listen to him.

2 comments:

  1. -Jeff and I can't wait to meet Micah but until then we thoroughly enjoy all the pictures and videos you send our way!
    -I think Western Sem is a GREAT choice. The wisdom, attention and charisma of the professors there impressed me every time I have been at a seminary function. OH, and I guess the students there are pretty cool too :)
    -Game nights and ice cream are fabulous. Way better than TV (unless the office is on, maybe.)
    -keep up the blogging, my family is obsessed but it's been a great way for all of us to stay in touch from all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayleen and I this week have been leaving the TV off at night and reading instead. I am really enjoying this. I've been wanting to read more for years and have never really made any progress. I'm hoping this new habit stays.

    ReplyDelete