Friday, August 13, 2010

How rich are you?

This is a 1.7 Million Dollar Bugatti Veyron I saw a few weeks ago on Rodeo Drive













This is one of few 10 plus million dollar homes we drove by in Beverly Hills, CA

Most of us reading this can't imagine what it must be like to have this kind of wealth.  Who can possibly have so much money and what did they do to get it?  I often think about what I would do with my money if I had millions.  I would pay off my debt, buy a reasonable $500,000 house, buy a reasonable $20,000 car, and help my family and friends ease some of there financial burdens.  That would leave me with millions of dollars left that I would donate to charities like World Vision, Compassion International, and causes to help fight AIDS in Africa.  I think about how great of a person I would be.  More people should be like me!

Then I think about this.  This is my car.













And this is my house.
I think about how at least 95% of the entire world looks at these 2 pictures and has the same feeling as I had looking at the 1st 2 pictures.

Ouch.

I am rich.  Filthy stinking rich.  I should be doing more with what I have.  I have been irresponsible with my money.  Lord, forgive me for my pride, my selfishness, and my lack of faith in you.

I want to do better.  I want to give more, live on less, and spend less on myself.  This is going to be hard.

Want to know how rich you are?  Check out The Global Rich List to find out.  I am about the 100 millionth richest person in the world.  Which means that about 5.9 BILLION people are poorer than me.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff and I have discussed this several times in the past week. I hope that I would donate a lot of my money too if I had that much. My mom always tells me that no matter how much money you have you will always have paper things to do or worry about (like bills, taxes, ext.) but that you are really wealthy if your family is healthy and safe and if you can learn to be content. Some times that is all easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete