Thursday, November 4, 2010

Going away party

3 weeks ago, we were packing up the house, loading the truck, canceling utilities, and making arrangements to move 2300 miles away from our home for the last 5 years.  We also said goodbye to wonderful friends who had become like family to us.  I'm finally getting around to sharing some pictures and thoughts from our going away party at the Unterkofler's.

Emma, Jackson, Kyla, and Micah


Matt, Cheryl, Jackson and Kyla


Ryan and Juile

Matt, Robyn and Emma


Danny and Kaylyn


        In a way these pictures remind me of Christmas time with our relatives.  Every year we are forced to take family pictures in front of the Christmas tree for Grandpa and Grandma.  It might be a little cheesy, but we do it because we're family.  I think that description fits these pictures...they might be a little cheesy, but that's ok.  We're family. :)  These people are the ones who gave us countless rides to the airport, helped us move 3 times, threw us baby showers and birthday parties, invited us over for dinner, were there for us when we were struggling, supported us when Nicole and I were apart for 9 months, prayed for us, celebrated holidays with us, brought us meals when Micah was born, encouraged us when I was unemployed, shared memories of being pregnant and having our first kids together, enjoyed Men's/Women's adventure weekends together, and so much more.  Without meaning to sound sappy or cliche', I want to tell you all that I love you, and I am honored to have shared part of my life with you.  I will miss you.  We will miss you.  Thank you for being a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment