Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chaotic Week

I woke up Monday morning and said to my wife, "this is going to be a crazy week...I'll see you on Friday."  Here's why:

Monday: Class all morning, work all afternoon, homework all evening
Tuesday: Work all day, class in the afternoon, more work all night
Wednesday: Class all morning, Work all afternoon, rehearsal all evening
Thursday: Attending a conference in Chicago all day, leaving early, getting back late.
Friday: Class all morning, work all afternoon.  FRIDAY EVENING is FREE!!!

No doubt, weeks like this are tough, but thankfully they don't happen every week.  Although, most of this stuff is great, and I'm looking forward to it, it is tough to not feel guilty for neglecting my wife and son.  (That's because I am).  Here's to looking forward to next week: no school, Thanksgiving dinner, extra sleep, and extra time with family.  To my generous and supportive wife, and to my amazing son, I love you both dearly, and I am so thankful you give me grace when I'm not around as much.  I miss you and I'm looking forward to spending time with you this weekend and next weekend!
How about you? How do you survive long weeks and chaotic schedules?

2 comments:

  1. how 'bout long football seasons? :) we make the most of the quality time we have together! even if it's just cashing out and watching our favorite shows together. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a reason they call us seminary widows...

    Managed expectations helps--if I know it's going to be a crazy week going into it, I can plan and handle it much better than "surprise, I have to go study again."

    ReplyDelete