Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Welcomed End of an Old Routine

     I'm sure whenever most of us sit down on the computer we have some sort of routine we go through, or at least a few select websites that we check on a daily basis.  It may be checking email, facebook, the news, the weather, sports, or whatever else interests you.  For me, for the last 2 plus years, this routine has included visiting church "help wanted" websites.  (churchstaffing.com, churchjobs.net, the banner classifieds, etc...) Everyday, I would check to see if any new job postings came up at churches that interested me, and then I'd spend time perusing the websites of the churches that piqued my interest. 
     I no longer have a need to go through this routine anymore.  After a year of school, a lot of waiting, and a lot of praying, God has led Nicole and I to Hillside Community Church in Grand Rapids.  The job search is over.  It's crazy how we are creatures of habit.  The past few days, just out of habit, I visited the same "help wanted" websites, only to stare at the home page and think to myself, "There is nothing to look for here.  I've found what I was looking for already!"  It's really a great feeling.
     While there will be many new challenges ahead, and many more obstacles to overcome, and more ways that our faith will be tested, for now, we can take a deep breath, exhale, and say "Thank you, God!  You have been faithful to us."
     Philippians 4:4-7  "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

5 comments:

  1. Did you really check those website everyday? I could have helped setup some kind of alert RSS or screen scraper to do the work for you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Aaron said, "In November we can have TWO Kroondyks watching the Lions with us!" (Actually more--you are ALL invited of course!)

    Let us know if we can help with anything as you prepare to move.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! And, um, I need more information! When? What is your position at the church? Are you moving back into your house? More! more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be the Director of Worship and Arts and I'm starting on October 25. Nicole and Micah won't be arriving until November 20 since Nicole is going to stay and teach until the end of the marking period and parent teacher conferences. We are moving in with my parents for a little while since we currently have renters in our house, but we don't know how long that will be for. I'll probably drive by PH on the way to work everyday :)

    ReplyDelete